Due to Pope St. John Paul II’s influence, many people nowadays are making St. Louis de Montfort’s Consecration to Jesus through Mary.
And why not? St. Louis said:
“To sum up, Mary becomes everything to that soul in the service of Jesus Christ. Only experience can teach the wonders wrought by Mary, wonders so great that neither the wise nor the proud, nor even many of the devout can believe them” (“The Secret of Mary”, #57).
On the other hand, he also said:
“I have found many people who, with admirable zeal, have adopted the exterior practices of this holy slavery of Jesus and Mary, but I have found only a few who have accepted its interior spirit, and still fewer who have persevered in it” (Secret, #44).
Now, Montfort Father Jean-Marie Texier has written a book titled…
“To Jesus Through Mary”
This book reveals surprisingly easy ways for you to accept its interior spirit and persevere in this devotion. It truly is chock-full of time-tested proven secrets of Marian devotion you won’t find anywhere else. Secrets such as:
(1) The reasons why you make yourself Mary’s slave and why this isn’t giving to her what is due to God alone (You’ll also see why “slave” isn’t a derogatory term in Marian devotion.) (p.74)
(2) How Mary’s slaves have a special glory in heaven (p.76)
(3) Why the devil tries everything to separate you from Mary (What he knows and you don’t.)
(4) Why Mary is called the “Gate of Heaven” and why you can’t get there without her (p.81)
(5) The precise way to “merit a glorious place in the eternal ages” (pp.93-94)
(6) Why every Saturday is dedicated to Mary (p.98)
(7) Why the Holy Slavery is the most secure protection from all errors (p.100)
(8) The main cause of egoism, how it destroys your spiritual life… and the simple remedy for it (p.104)
(9) Why you aren’t experiencing the benefits of this devotion, and the easy way to solve this problem (p.106)
(10) “Let a man fallen into evil try to raise himself by penance, Satan will try hard to make him doubt mercy and the divine goodness. If you are converted, he will exaggerate the difficulties of perseverance, by showing you that God will grow tired of giving you these graces, which you abuse. With what a treacherous art he disfigures in the sight of our imagination the sweet face of our kind, good God! He does not even respect souls who are already advanced in perfection.” After pointing out how Satan attacks you in these ways, in the next paragraph, Fr. Texier gives the remedy for these attacks (p.107)
(11) Why to mistrust God is to be mistaken about His nature and not to understand His religion. And what God has done to reassure you completely (pp.109-110)
(12) The way to take God by His “weak side” no matter what sins you’ve committed and always be assured of forgiveness (p.110)
(13) Why embracing the Holy Slavery – this Marian devotion – is a sign God has reserved choice graces for you (p.112)
(14) Why your “state of belonging to Mary is an excellent means of receiving immense supplies of graces” (p.114)
(15) 2 excellent motives for you to have unshakeable confidence in Mary (Keep these in mind… along with everything else you discover in this chapter, and you’ll see precisely how Mary will grant you more than you can ask or imagine.) (p.115)
(16) Why your “death will be sweet” because of the Holy Slavery (p.118)
(17) Why St. Louis said this devotion to Mary is an “excellent means pf persevering in virtue” (p.119)
(18) Chapter 20 reveals how despite a sincere conversion… a desire to repair the past… and a firm purpose of amendment… souls still fall…and the perfect remedy for this. (This chapter alone is worth the price of the book.) (p.119)
(19) How this devotion “assures us in a special way of (Mary’s) permanent help” (p.121)
(20) Reveals the “quintessence of the devotion preached by Montfort” and how with it “we remain in Mary as a permanent state.” (St. Louis says most of the Saints didn’t know this, and even most people who make their consecration, but it’s yours on page 122. This is perhaps the most consoling and encouraging chapter in this book.) (p.122)
(21) What will cause Mary to “overwhelm you with her love” (p.123)
(22) Why Mary’s presence in a soul is the natural outcome of the perfect devotion practiced faithfully and constantly” (p.126)
(23) Precisely why Mary has to reward your generosity toward her in a way that is “eminently superior” (p.128)
(24) How souls who wholeheartedly consecrated themselves to Mary and frequently repeat their consecration, often take it back in practice – even daily. (The 2 qualities you need to make sure you’re not one of these people) (p.133)
(25) What St. Louis considers “the most important” aspect of this devotion, and which “every Christian must aspire to” (p.134)
(26) The task Mary will acquit herself of with “as much joy as care” – in your behalf – if you allow her the freedom and time (p.135)
(27) Why Mary “was created and placed in the world, why she was enriched with eminent and transcendent graces” (p.135)
(28) Why your consent to Mary’s action is indispensable. (p.135)
(29) What has to happen for the Holy Spirit to speed up His action in your soul, accomplish great things in you, and make you a great saint (pp.137-138)
(30) Why labors and extraordinary sufferings are NOT necessary for union with God (p.142)
(31) What really causes holiness. (It’s NOT the multitude or greatness of your good works.) (p.142)
(32) Why Mary is so eager to defend your interests with God (p.149)
(33) Why you must EXPECT to see Mary giving your works all their perfection, and how she does this (p.150)
(34) How to give the smallest and most humble of your works “all the value possible” at every instant of your day, “increasing your treasure, rendering more glory to God, and pleasing the heart of our Mother” (pp.151-152)
(35) Airtight reasons why your consecration and your practice of this perfect devotion gives you “a particular power to relieve or deliver the suffering souls” in Purgatory (p.155)
(36) Why you can “believe practically in the power of your prayers, in spite of the false reasons that your humility seems to inspire” (p.156)
(37) How being faithful to your consecration helps you avoid Purgatory altogether (or at least shorten your stay there)… and… how to turn the daily annoyances you experience from unavoidable human contact to your great benefit (p.157)
(38) Why the Assumption should be one of your favorite Solemnities (p.160)
Pretty amazing, don’t you agree? And there’s more… much more.
But why would you – or should you – listen to Fr. Texier? It’s simple.
The Montfort Fathers say: “He loved the Most Blessed Virgin with the heart of a child; he spoke of her with the heart of his Blessed Father (St. Louis de Montfort).”
And in the “History of the Company of Mary” – the history of the Montfort Fathers – they call him “a remarkable spiritual writer”.
All told, he gives you an authentic explanation of St. Louis’s Marian spirituality.
I can assure you this book is new (to the English-speaking world) and different. There are things in this book which you have never even heard of before. For example…
St. Louis de Montfort says…
“As a counterfeiter does not ordinarily counterfeit anything but gold and silver…, so the evil spirit does not for the most part counterfeit the other devotions, but only those to Jesus and Mary,… because they are, among other devotions, what gold and silver are amongst metals” (True Devotion, #90).
Now, on pages 130-131, Fr. Texier gives you 3 unmistakable signs to recognize Mary’s presence in your soul. It’s impossible for the devil to counterfeit these signs. And this is the ONLY book where you can find them.
Again, I’m sure you’ll agree the secrets you’re going to discover are quite amazing.